Monday, June 29, 2009

Our New Home part 2

BEFORE



AFTER

Notice the difference in how far the tile goes out in the before
picture compared to the after picture. Dustins Grandpa chipped
away at the tile for hours! Bless his heart. It seriously makes the room
look so much bigger now.


Thanks to Samantha and Jesse they passed on this entertainment center to us.
It is perfect. It was black and brown when we got it, so I just painted the
brown part black. Oh also to add to my collection of black things I painted is the
plant stand and bench below, and also the mirror above the piano. I tell you a little paint can
make anything look good!




In the Living room we repainted it and put new carpet, light fixture, crown molding, and blinds. Also when we bought it the living room had a lovely popcorn ceiling-UGH! So Dustin's dad re-textured the ceiling, and then ended up re-texturing all the ceilings in the whole condo. Seriously when we say our families bent over backwards to help us we mean it! We are so blessed to have 2 amazing families in our lives!

The bench under the window is an old wooden box my dad used to have in the back of his truck for his tools that he made. He kept telling me that it wouldn't work for furniture and was a rough old box that did not belong in a house. but I love fixing things up so I went ahead anyway. I painted it black, and got some decorative tin that I spraypainted and glued on the front. Then I bought the coushin and some material to go on the top. And wala! It is absolutely perfect for our million blankets and pillows we have.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adam and Hilary said...

I love it! The best Parade of Homes we saw!