Sunday, May 23, 2010

Any Suggestions?

Ok so this week was seriously the craziest week ever! Between tons of homework, a test, 2 family shoots and Lindsay's wedding, plus school everyday, work most days, and dying to get started on the remodeling, I think I am ready to sleep the next month away. But all in all it was a good week. Everything seemed to go well, and I managed to stay up til 2 or three a couple nights and start the painting of the bedroom and get the bookshelf practically done. I consider painting like therapy for me, it helps keep my sanity. I did go with the turquoise and love it! I will have to post pics of it soon. Also we finally got the 21" imac! I'm pretty much so excited about it I can barely stand it, Dust jokes that I have just been trying to get the office remodeled for my "electronic baby" (referring to the computer). I am on the computer a lot because I'm constantly editing and so I can understand why he thinks my camera and the computer are my babies :) But seriously the imac is going to save so much time! My life will be a lot easier being able download more pics on to the computer and edit faster with the more ram. Dustin is also very excited, in fact I had to talk him out of the 27'' because he was getting so excited thinking it could be our computer and TV. I guess you could call us computer nerds :)

Anyway so my next advice I need now that I have the colors all picked out is should I do black or brown. The colors are that green in the images from the last post, white and then the turquoise. So I am torn as to which would look better? Any suggestions?

Also I am recovering the rocking chair. Which may or may not work, we'll see its more of an experiment. But I am wanting this room to feel bright, clean and have a modern feel to it, Almost like ikea style. So here are 2 different material patterns I found on etsy that I like. What do you think? It would be the chair and just a little strip of curtains across the top of the window. Or if you know a better place to find cute material please let me know.




Obviously I would only use one of these if I did the brown. And since they are a little busier the rest of the room will be simple so it won't be too much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh BOTH of those patterns are so cute! It's hard to pick between them... I think I like the 2nd one more though... I like the flowers and the random placement of everything. :)

Jake and Danielle said...

alyssia,
i love your idea. i really like the top one i think it is so cute. i cant wait to see the final pictures.